Thursday, December 07, 2006

NAIS Meetings in South Central NY

A local farmer recently informed me of upcoming meetings about the
NAIS. He gave me a photocopied page from the Nov 2006 Dairy and Field
Crops Program newsletter (From Cornell, I think.)

Here's the text of the page:

Finally... National Animal Identification System (NAIS) Explained

Featuring:
Sarah Blood-Szentmiklosy, NAIS Coordinator, NY State Dept. of Ag & Markets.

3 Sites in South Central New York Area aimed at commercial livestock operations:

December 14 - Cortland
NYS Grange, Rt. 13 North
11:00 - 2:30 lunch provided

December 15 - Owego
Treadway Inn, Rt 17C East
11:00 - 2:30 lunch provided

December 18 - Whitney Point
Aiello's, Jct. Rts 79 & 205 (sic - actually it's Rt. 206)
11:00 - 2:30 lunch provided

Benefits of becoming informed:

- You'll learn the ins and outs of the program without wandering
around websites wondering if information is up-to-date

- You can register premises on site

- Gain a better understanding of the program's associated standards and regulations

- Most Importantly - learn how you will be able to leverage advantages in your management program.

Please RSVP by contacting Sharon VanDeuson at 607-753-5078 or shv7@cornell.edu

I contacted Sharon VanDeuson via phone today and registered for the meeting at Whitney Point. All that was required was my name and phone number. No other information was requested.

I hope that they will have a Q&A period since I have lots of questions. I plan to strongly voice my opposition to the NAIS. Any input as to issues to bring up would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Henwhisperer said...

If I understand the end of your post correctly, you are looking for salient questions to ask at the meeting. Please email me henwhisperer@google.com and I can give you more questions than you could possibly ask in the allotted time.

henwhisperer.blogspot.com
nonais.org